Ryan was a participant in our first research trial. He used our Premium Manuka formula with our standard MSM drops for 14 months.
Ryan was featured in our first video with a LightEyez user. Which, can be seen in the previous blog post.
Below we have a Q&A with Ryan, this was recorded today, 12/12/2017, via Skype. Below is a verbatim transcript of Ryans responses to questions submitted via blog comments, facebook and email.
Whats up Everyone. I'm back and here to answer all your burning questions.
I wanted to say that I have been so overwhelmed with the kind wishes and everyone who reached out to me. I have always wanted to change my eye colour and I have been humbled by the outpouring of comments about my eyes.
And for all the haters, yes they are real, they look natural and it did not hurt :)
I will try to answer everyones questions. I am sorry in advance if I miss anyone . But please reach out to me on my personal email if you ever have any questions. email@example.com
I'm mixed black with very dark eyes how long did it take for you to realise your eyes were getting lighter?
Similar questions were asked by, Michael, Angeleica, Tyrone, Darnell, Abdul and Micah.
Hi Cassidie. Im not mixed, but both my parents are African American. I did have very dark (almost black eyes) to begin with. It took me 14 months using the Premium Manuka drop and MSM. I started to see changes at 6 months.
Tish asked :
Has your light sensitivity changed?
Hey Tish. I did not have any issues with light sensitivity., While I was using the drops, I always wore sunglasses. I read somewhere that individuals with lighter eyes are more prone to sunlight.
How much did you spend in total for the 14 months you were using the Premium Eye Drops and the MSM Drops?
Hi Kay. I was very lucky, so lucky, because, I applied for a research trial and after praying an awful lot, I was thankfully selected. This meant I only had to pay my own costs, not for the drops.
Ok, so, if you were to pay for 14 months. It works about $100 a month for the Premium Manuka drop and MSM. You are in my prayers Kay and I wish you luck.
I'm wondering if after he has or will stop if the colour gets darker again.
Similar questions were asked by, Chris, Ben, Mohammad, Prometheus and Gordon.
I have not used any drops for almost a year now and my eye colour has stayed the same. I have been told that any change you make is permanent. It does seems that way, as it has been a while.
1. Are you still using the products?
2. What is your end goal resulting color?
3. Did you experience any discomfort?
4. Did both eyes change color gradually at the same pace?
5. What comments did you experience from family & friends?
6. Have you tried any other products before lighteyez?
7. What recommendations would you give, based on your overall experience?
8. Do you experience any sensitivity to light?
9. Have you seen your regular optometrist to review the health of your eyes?
10. Do you ever look in the mirror, and get caught off guard by the new color that you had forgotten its original color?
Hi Latricia, thank you so much for your kind words. I will try my best to answer each question:
1. I have not used any products for almost a year. But have recently started using some of the new Color Changing Drops, because I want to bring out some Green bits in my eyes.
2. My original goal was the honey color I am at now. Three years ago, I didn't even think that was possible. Now I know that it is, I want to bring out some Green tones. I think I will be happy at that. Since I am darker, I do not want too drastic a change in eye colour, compared to my parents.
3. My eyes were a little dry for the first few days. But I am prone to allergies and hayfever, so this might be related.
4. They changed pretty equally. Maybe for a few days here and there, one was a little lighter than the other. But it was pretty symmetrical.
5. Everyone loves them, they are completely shocked as well. Because they did not believe it was possible. Some people thought I went and got that surgery that Tiny got.
(Editor note: Tiny is rapper TI's wife and singer from Escape, who received lens implants from Brightocular).
But you can tell mine are natural. And people see that when they look closely.
6. I did not. I contemplated getting laser surgery, but could not afford it.
7. I recommend sticking at it. I got disheartened in the first five or so months. I got depressed, I did not think it was working. But then all of a sudden it just, sortof, happened. So I would say perseverance, what's that word,,, .... & consistency. I also think using MSM helped. Because it has lots of good properties.
8. No I did not. But I always wear sunglasses outside.
9. Yes I was checked throughout the process. I also used to wear glasses and contacts , so always had eye tests regular. I have also had Lasik now and everything was and is fine.
10. Sometimes. At the beginning I did not recognise myself sometimes. And at family reunions people were confused when they first saw me. Now it is just sort of natural, I am really happy with it. I think it suits me.
This video didn't prove any eye lightening happened at all...
what's most important is to see a before and after picture. Can you provide unretouched photos of your eyes before and after, and also a tallied cost of what you spent on all the products you bought to get this color? Can you also confirm that you were only using lighteyez products for these supposed 14 months? Can a licensed optometric confirm your eyes are in just as good of health as they were before you apparently used lighteyez drops to change your color
I totally understand your skepticism. I was in your position a few years ago. I had become disheartened with my dark eyes. I wanted something new and different, but was not sure what to do. I looked into surgery, but just could not afford it at the time. Then I stumbled across an advertisement for a study into eye lightening and applied. I was so lucky to be selected. This meant that I did not have to pay for the costs of the product, only for travel expenses and my accommodation during testing. If you were to follow the same treatment I used, it would cost around $100 a month.
During my treatment, I only used LightEyez products. I have sent the team a number of photos. Checking the ones online, they have not been retouched and are genuine pictures of me.
I also used to wear glasses and contacts so have received regular eye tests. I recently underwent Lasik surgery to, to get rid of contacts. And I have gotten a full eye exam and a variety of tests for that. And everything was fine. Also during the testing and the study, I received regular exams from Doctors and Opticians and never had any issues.
I would like to add, don’t be closed off to the idea. It is really remarkable what LightEyez is doing and my life has never been better.
Now you have it done, would you consider Lasik in the future or other surgeries? Are you worried.
I have actually had Lasik about six months ago and there were no complications.
Did you have any sideeffects?
Similar questions were asked by, Brian, Adam, Charles, Ethan, Riberro, Liorka, Yvonne, Nate, Jojo, Mia, Alex, Suitveet, Rebecca, Alexander and Magaret.
My eyes were a little dry for a couple of days at the beginning. But nothing else.
What are the MSM drops for? Do you use them immediately after the lightening drops? Before? Are they necessary to the color change?
Also, how long before you first saw results? Was at the end of 14 months or did you notice any changes before?
I am no scientist, so apologies for my answer. MSM drops assist in the colour changing process. They cause the eyes to absorb the ingredients in the eye drops, better, than if you did not use MSM. I used my MSM drops, with two drops per eye, around 10 minutes before the Manuka drop. Three times a day.
I started to see changes after six months of using daily. The beginning was very slow and I felt depressed and disheartened that I did not see a change. I was told because my eyes were very dark, that it would take longer. But after six months I could really see lightening coming on. And then each month after that, changes happened quicker and quicker and almost everyday I could see my eye colour becoming lighter.
How long before you first saw results? Was it at the end of 14 months? 6 months? 1 month?
I started to see changes after six months of using daily. The first five months were very slow and changes took a while to come. They did say this would be the case, but I just hoped it would happen sooner. You know?
What product specifically did you use and how did you apply it? Did you apply it in front of a mirror or while lying down?
I used the Premium Manuka drops and MSM drops for 14 months. I struggled at the start putting eye drops in. I actually do not like anything near my eyes. So, I, rather reluctantly, got other family to do it for me. After I got used to the sensation and being near my eyes, I began to do it myself. When I did this, I layed down, applied the drops, closed my eyes, stood up and tilted my head forward. Then with my eyes still closed, I blinked so everything absorbed.
Did you really use every day, did you miss any?
Hi Miranda, because I was part of a study. I signed an agreement that I would use everyday. I suppose this encouraged me to do it consistently. Which sometimes I am not very good at. Especially with things like supplements, you know? So this definitely helped. I did miss a couple of days (this is me admitting that to everyone now ... haha...) Looking back, I think it is very important to use it everyday.
Did you always use MSM?
Hi Alex, Yes every time I used the Manuka Drop, I used MSM alongside this.
Are you going to lighten your eyes further? Will you continue with the drops?
I had not used any drops for around one year. But I have recently started using the colour changing drops. My goal is to now highlight some greens in my eyes.
Do you worry about any lasting damage or eye cancer?
You know, I was not concerned, because everything in the drops is natural and organic. And this is worse than a lot of stuff thats in over the counter stuff. Also I got regular eye checkups and I have not had any issues.
There were lots of repeat questions. So if I did not get to answer you personally, im sorry. Please reach out to me. I got you.
Transcribed by: Michelle Powers, (Chief Communications Officer), 12/12/17.